Introduction to Proxmox Backup Server 1.0
Watch the highlights of Proxmox Backup Server version 1.0 (released November 11, 2020):
- Based on Debian Buster 10.6, with Linux kernel version 5.4 (LTS)
- ZFS 0.8.4
- Proxmox VE is fully supported - easily backup VMs (supporting QEMU dirty bitmaps) and containers.
- Deduplication - avoids redundancy and minimizes the storage space used.
- Incremental backups - Reading and sending only the changes reduces the storage and network impact.
- Ultra-fast Zstandard compression - compress several gigabytes per second.
- Data integrity with SHA-256 checksum algorithm - for accuracy and consistency of your backups.
- Remote synchronization across multiple remote locations
- Encryption on client-side with AES-256 in Galois/Counter mode - very high performance on modern hardware.
- Easy management with web-based user interface & CLI
- Maintenance task scheduling – Advanced scheduling of maintenance tasks, with fine-grained control.
- Support Subscriptions from your Proxmox team
- Open-source license: GNU AGPL, v3
For more details see the release notes: https://pbs.proxmox.com/wiki/index.php/Roadmap
Watch the video in full screen mode for best quality (with chrome, firefox, ...).
- Language: English
- Date: 11 November 2020
- Duration: 6:28
- Hits: 9729